[Community-Discuss] Fwd: Demanding Clarification and/or apology from PTA

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Jun 15 22:53:20 UTC 2022

In message <CANOqSORNd7MsDZ1OoNnnwBbs5Ga4VhLyEM2LK8y8RkXMNo2+kg at mail.gmail.com>
Amin Dayekh <admin at megamore.ng> wrote:

>in the Video I noticed a misleading statement about the "Government of
>Pakistan" but when i paused and looked at the document it is the Pakistan
>tELECOM authority and not the government itself.

I'm glad that you brought that up, because I saw that video also, and I
said to myself "Wait... WHAT??  The Government of Pakistan has decided
to wage war on the global RIR system??  Ha!  I wish them luck with that.
Maybe they can start their own intranet, like Russia."

:-)

Regards,
rfg

P.S.  Checking Google News it appears that the only even somewhat recent
-actual- news relating to Pakistan & the Internet is from about 3 weeks
ago and it was just that the Pakistan government shut down the Internet
in Pakistan on account of anti-government riots.

Somehow I don't think this is relevant to -either- AFRINIC or to the global
system for allocating IP address space.

In short, the video would seem to be spreading deliberate disinformation.

(There's a lot of that going around, including here in the USA.  In fact
we here are pioneering whole new categories of disinformation!)