[Community-Discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Jun 8 04:29:04 UTC 2022

Consider it like this -

In a corporate - there is a thing called a delegation of authority.  Multiple individuals may have delegated authority to do a single task. For example, if you look at the board resolution that sets up the AfriNIC reserve fund - there is delegation of authority to access that account granted to the chair of the board, the vice chair of the board and the ceo. It requires a minimum of two of those individuals to sign - but does not require all three.

The admin contact of an organization has a defacto delegation of authority from the companies they speak for to vote and to speak at an agmm on behalf of that entity.  There may be multiple individuals holding such delegation of authority in a specific corporate entity.

An individual person may also have delegation of authority as an admin contact for multiple organizations.

A good example of this would be that an individual could for example own multiple distinct companies - and would be entitled to interact on behalf of all of those entities.  Imagine Elon Musk showed up and Space-X and Tesla were both AfriNIC members - he would be able to speak on behalf of both.

Andrew