[Community-Discuss] Lu Heng + Larus and the Number Resource Society

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sat Sep 25 22:30:46 UTC 2021

In message <40DA7636-A1D7-4226-B8DC-24BCDF6A4884 at steffann.nl>,
Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

>That attachment looks like they are trying to form another RIR to replace

>AFRINIC by making promised about future policies that they (top-down) will

>implement. That is so disgusting and inappropriate. There are many things

>that AFRINIC has done that I really don't like, but trying to replace them

>with a top-down entity?!?! That is something I REALLY despise...

I personally have no objection if some other entity wants to come in and
fully take over all of the duties of AFRINIC, e.g. if that other entity
thinks that it can do a better job.

The problem I have with this apparent current attempt to do that is that
it is clearly not based on anything which is even remotely democratic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... It appears from where I am
sitting that this is just an attempt at a hostile takeover by one company
and one guy. And I think that if it were successful, it would not serve
the interests of even a significant minority of the current AFRINIC dues-
paying members.

Regards,
rfg