[Community-Discuss] Lu Heng + Larus and the Number Resource Society

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Fri Sep 24 05:32:50 UTC 2021

On 9/23/21 20:55, Ronald F. Guilmette wrote:

> Owen, take some free advice. Stop saying stupid stuff. You don't have

> a lot of credibility left to lose, but its just a waste of bandwidth to

> say stuff that can so easily be disproven. The following was already

> posted here as being part of a message sent by a Larus minion:

> <snip>

> That's a blatant and obvious attempt to scare people, and to spread FUD.

When you work with (and sit behind) computers long enough, more so in a
year where we haven't seen each other due to what we all know, it's not
unusual for one to develop a god-like complex, and equate people, their
intellect, soul and mind, to the way in which they interact with those
very same computers.

It's great to be "logical" and "sensible", but people, for better or
worse, have never been, and will never be, that binary.

As you say, there isn't any trust capital left to lose. I would say,
"there isn't any trust capital left, period".

When all this dust settles and the trees have shaken all their leaves,
it will be a world of pain, because all of the good people of the
Internet who are being reduced to binary equations by all of this
time-wasting, degrading, livelihood-risking actions, will have memories
the length of the Nile.

Mark.