[Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

jeffery_sky jeffery_sky-99 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 09:04:56 UTC 2021

Dear all,

I believe it is crucial to take into consideration Paul’s statement. Indeed, during the AGMM, many questions were not properly addressed, also, individuals with comments or concerns were automatically interrupted, therefore, their inquiries rejected.

Mainly, the participants who did not get the opportunity to express their thoughts, were trying to tackle some serious issues about the system of management of AFRINIC as an RIR.

AFRINIC staff needs to provide the community with specific responses to the questions raised by Paul, due to their problematic nature, also, simply, to clarify any misunderstandings or new provisions that need to be discussed. Frankly, I assume it is unacceptable for an RIR to impose such rules and I firmly believe that the fair market value of IP addresses needs to be applicable in AFRINIC’s service area.

Moreover, we cannot turn a blind eye to all the things that went south in the history of AFRINIC, if we strive for excellence and improvement, we need to cut off defected systems and anomalies from the root.

Best,