[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Jul 30 21:11:25 UTC 2021

Hi Bill,

On Fri, 30 Jul 2021, 03:34 Bill Woodcock, <woody at pch.net> wrote:

> > On Jul 29, 2021, at 6:18 PM, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> > On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 12:19 AM Paul Wollner <

> paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net> wrote:

> > The concerns expressed by TISPA,

> > TISPA's support of solidarity is with AFRINIC. AFRINIC is our concern.

> We shall stand with her.

> > I call upon all ISP Associations across AFRICA to stand with AFRINIC.

> I am no longer on ARIN’s board, so can’t speak for ARIN, but I’m

> reasonably confident that ARIN would look at that as an absolutely last

> resort, and would hope to find any better way of supporting AfriNIC in situ.

Ack

> For instance, other RIRs could provide bridge funding via direct payment

> of AfriNIC staff payroll, to enable them to continue doing their jobs, and

> that would be much, much simpler, and much, much less disruptive.

Yes indeed. I am certain that the leadership at AFRINIC have touched based
with counterpart RIR systems as per CEO message.

> Again, I don’t speak for ARIN, I’m merely suggesting what would have

> likely been offered if this had happened while I was on the board.

We know where your heart is Bill. Rest assured you would, no doubt and as
you are a real true friend of Africa and your work is visible all over the
continent.

Cheers,
Noah