[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Update on legal case

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Jul 29 02:47:45 UTC 2021

> On Jul 27, 2021, at 23:31 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:43 PM Owen DeLong via Community-Discuss <community-discuss at afrinic.net <mailto:community-discuss at afrinic.net>> wrote:

>> On Jul 27, 2021, at 00:35, Omo Oaiya <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net <mailto:Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net>> wrote:

>>> On 27 Jul 2021, at 07:54, Ronald F. Guilmette <rfg at tristatelogic.com <mailto:rfg at tristatelogic.com>> wrote:

>>> In any case, the data at the link above demonstrates quite persuasively that

>>> there *is* some finite non-zero business relationship between Africa on Cloud

>>> on the one hand and Cloud Innovation on the other hand. I personally have

>>> no idea what that relationship is, or what it may signify, and thus I

>>> personally do not care to jump to any specific conclusion about that

>>> relationship, or its possible significance or insignificance. But to try

>>> to deny that there exists -any- relationship whatsoever, in spite of the

>>> clear evidence, is worse than disingenuous. It is silly.

> I did not deny that a relationship exists. I pointed out that there is no evidence presented to indicate that it is anything more than customer/supplier.

> In the last board elections where Elkins defeated Paul Wolner, there were multiple resource members who received phone calls from HongKong asking them to vote for Wolner.

> Check the archives.

Which proves that we supported his candidacy because we felt he was well qualified and would do a good job.

It doesn’t prove that the relationship between CI and AOC is deeper than customer/supplier. I honestly don’t know whether it is or is not, but until actual evidence
is presented, I’ll refrain from judgment based on innuendo and speculation.