[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Jul 28 01:03:11 UTC 2021

In message <CAGDMR_e319eAhxrZo985djPszGuMkr7oTydR_ZeVjQJPCRndzQ at mail.gmail.com>
Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

>C'est surprenant que l'aspect historique t'échappe à se point sauf si ta

>mémoire est brusquement devenue sélective. Les registres sont tous appelés

>Registre Régionaux, par conséquence sémantique, toutes leurs activités sont

>régionales et les ressources dont elles ont la charge sont réservées à leur

>région, pour que ces ressources se retrouvent dans une autre région, il faut

>une politique de transfert inter-region duement ratifiée. Ce qui n'est pas le

>cas d'Afrinic. Par conséquent ces ressources doivent être utilisées uniquement

>dans sa région sauf conditions exceptionnelles accordées par d'Afrinic.

I am forced to agree that intuitively, the Regional Internet Registries
were indeed created with the idea in mind that each one would serve to
help develop and administer Internet number resources within their
respective regions. But our shared intutive notions are not the same
as what is written down, and when things end up in court, as a general
rule only those things that are written down actually matter.

I have some experience with courts and with litigation, so I kind of know
how this works.

Believe me, there are many clever lawyers on this planet who would argue,
perhaps even successfully, that the Ten Commandments of Moses do not
apply to their specific client because there was never a written rule
requiring all the people to be able to read Hebrew.

Regards,
rfg