[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Jul 26 11:01:03 UTC 2021

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021, 19:32 Leo S, <leoso at afcast.com> wrote:

> The current situation poses risks to users who rent their IP addresses. I

> think the problem itself is AFRINIC's own problem. Who allocated 7 million

> addresses to them? As far as I know, even providers like OVH do not have 7

> million IP addresses. And a paper company can get 7 million IP addresses.

This part of the world, we call them brief case companies.

So while checking some statistics with a good friend over the weekend, we
just noted that actually Cloud Innovation has more IPv4 addresses than East
African countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and I won't even bother
posting for Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan because its sad.

If anyone cares, download the delegated file and run below command.

*Kenya as a country with all its AFRINIC resource members has a total of
6099456 IPv4 addresses. **That is about 6 Million only.*

$ awk -F '|' '$2=="*KE*" && $3=="ipv4" {sum+=$5} END {print sum}'
delegated-afrinic-extended-20210723
*6099456*

*Tanzania as a country with all its AFRINIC resource members has a total
of 1037568 IPv4 addresses. **That is about 1 Million only.*

$ awk -F '|' '$2=="TZ" && $3=="ipv4" {sum+=$5} END {print sum}'
delegated-afrinic-extended-20210723
*1037568*

*Uganda as a country with all its AFRINIC resource members has a total
of 1410048 IPv4 addresses. That is 1.4 Million only.*

$ awk -F '|' '$2=="UG" && $3=="ipv4" {sum+=$5} END {print sum}'
delegated-afrinic-extended-20210723
*1410048*

We also looked at the total number of IPv4 addresses allocated to Nigeria,
one of the biggest AFRICAN economies and sadly they sit at a total of about
3Million IPv4 addresses.

$ awk -F '|' '$2=="NG" && $3=="ipv4" {sum+=$5} END {print sum}'
delegated-afrinic-extended-20210723
*3126784*

I mean, Leo my brother, I totally resonate with your point of view on how
the heck did bloody Cloud Innovation Ltd end up with 6 Million IPv4
addresses without any reasonable network on this continent.

Owen always claims that it is what it is, but accountability can not be
avoided and anyone who dodges attempts to be held accountable is a bad
actor.

*Waiting to be sued.*
Noah