[Community-Discuss] Notice of imminent reclamation of number

Christian Orozco chresgoro at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 17:51:13 UTC 2021

Hi Daniel,

I'd like to share once again what I replied to someone with the same
sentiment as yours:
Other RIRs understand very well that the benefit of the IP address market:
to help utilize unused addresses to fulfill the necessity. They recognize
the dire effects of such dormancy especially when left unmitigated. In the
first place, IANA itself sees that there is a need for *global coordination*.
Thus, its authority to allocation which is then extended to RIRs, should
not be merely seen as a form of division, rather a bigger avenue for
coordination. (end)

Therefore, establishing a global community is understood to be a part of
the RIR history you are talking about in the first place. The RIRs are
there to avoid further centralization, which is a direction harmful to be
taken. Moving on, while I do recognize that organic growth is an important
concept, it is quite a hasty assumption to treat IP services like Cloud
Innovation as enemies of such growth most especially in the context of the
internet that is working on a vast scale and is fast-growing.

Respectfully,
Christian