[Community-Discuss] Notice to all the legacy netblocks holders        in AfriNIC

Paul Wollner paul.wollner at africaoncloud.net
Thu Feb 11 17:42:06 UTC 2021

Hi Noah

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will say the same goes for the bylaw, they are both lawyer-made documents which should not govern the usage of community resource. Or else lawyers can do whatever they want to, then what is the point of having a community and CPM?

Using bylaw to justify the action of using RSA to manage IP resource is not only invalid (as RSA is a document written by lawyers)but also very ridiculous. These documents shouldn’t contain anything about resource management in the very first place because this can be used as an evidence of AFRINIC not following up its own “bottom up process” - which consequently violates its legitimacy of existence.

The only valid way of resource management is through PDP, by making changes to the CPM - both PDP and CPM are above any jurisdiction and any legal documents such as bylaw and RSA.

As for the bylaw and RSA, they should simply refer all resource management clauses to the CPM and delete all resource management clauses. The versions current are very poorly written and need to be redone.

Paul

---- On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 19:09:15 +0200 Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote ----

Hi Paul,

Before we dwell into the RSA, please read the AFRINIC Bylaws and specifically article 3.4 sections (i) and (iii).

The constitution is clear on what the objectives of AFRINIC are among others. The RSA and ratified policies regulate the said management of Internet number resources.

Noah