[Community-Discuss] Blog: A Comprehensive audit of the AFRINIC WHOIS Database

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Feb 11 11:49:43 UTC 2021

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, 14:42 Owen DeLong, <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2021, at 14:11 , Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> Hi AFRINIC Team,

> While reading the report, I noted that among the recommendations on how to

> make things better, was below.

> - The report recommends that the AFRINIC community critically assess

> how best the accuracy of the information pertaining to Legacy Resource

> Holders can be improved and considers whether unused legacy resources

> should be left idle while AFRINIC exhausts its remaining pool of IPv4

> addresses.

> How much unused legacy resources are we looking at?

> There is literally no way to know whether legacy resources are used or

> not.

Did you read the statement that formed part of the recommendation from
AFRINIC or you are jumping to conclusions.

AFRINIC is asking us the community to consider whether unused legacy
resources should be left idle while AFRINIC exhausts its remaining pool and
my question to AFRINIC was simple...

How much unused legacy resources are we looking at?

Noah