[Community-Discuss] The NRS at it again with endless lobbying

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Dec 12 08:41:38 UTC 2021

In message <AM7PR03MB645102E30274DEE846C07048EE709 at AM7PR03MB6451.eurprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Andrew Alston <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

>Secondly - you keep referring to my time on the board - so - I once again
>ask AfriNIC to please release me from the NDA to which I am bound so that I
>am free to share what really happened during this period.

This is kind-of a bullshit response for two (2) reasons:

1)  You *know* that AFRINIC is never going to say to you "OK, because you are
such a sweet guy, we have decided that our NDAs are no longer applicable in
your case."  It's just never gonna happen, so your statement is silly and
vacuous on the face of it.  It is maningless.  You killed a bunch of electrons
for absolutely nothing.

2)  AFRINIC is not in a position to sue anybody, EVEN IF someone were to *publicly*
break one of their old NDAs.  So if you had any balls and if you had anything of
importance to say, you would have said it already, if not publicly, and on the
record, then you could have leaked what you know, confidentially, to any number
of journalists.  (I have some phone numbers in case you are totally unable to find
them on your own.)

I'm sorry Andrew, but I have no patience for these games.  As you may know, we have
a committee of our congress *and* a few thousand journalists who are working their
butts off, as we speak, to try to find out the real truth of what happened in
Washington D.C. this past January 6th.  The Trump loyalists are all hiding behind
false claims of "executive privilege", just as you are hding behind your NDA, but
other people *are* talking, both on and off the record, and as a result, the whole
truth about January 6th *is* going to come out.

You can either be part of the solution or be part of the problem.  Which you choose
to be has more to do with your character than it has to do with any piece of paper,
and it is a matter of public record that you have been on the "RIRs can blow me if
they don't like wnat I'm doing" team for many many years now.  That puts you
unambiguously on the same team as Lu Heng, and I guess that's why you don't really
care to tell anybody what you know about how he really came to have more than $100
million USD worth of "mana from heaven".

Regards,
rfg