[Community-Discuss] Ancient History

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Aug 24 15:56:35 UTC 2021

Far be it from me to attempt to entice Owen into any violations of the
(allegedly) rather draconian Mauritian sub judice rules or to beguile him
into answering any questions about current situations and circumstances
which he may not be eager to comment on. I shall do neither.

I am however hoping that Owen may be able to comment on some long-ago
events that took place in a different region, and which have no apparent
bearing whatsoever on the current conflict between his client/employer,
Cloud Innovation, and AFRINIC. I see nothing that would prevent him from
providing information about events long ago and far away, and given his
apparent current business relationship(s) together with his unquestioned
knowledge of how to read WHOIS records, I, for one, would greatly value
his opinion on a couple of things.

I should begin by stating my assumptions, some or all of which may be wrong,
and asking Owen if he can either confirm or refute any of these, specifically:

a) that the Lu Heng who is the current primary stockholder of Cloud
Innocation, Ltd. (Seychelles) which is currently involved in
litigation against AFRINIC is the same Lu Heng who previously was
the registrant of certain IPv4 address blocks within the RIPE region,
and...

b) that this same Lu Heng is or was also the prmary stockholder of
another company referred to in RIPE records as ORG-HLTA1-RIPE
aka "Wu Han YunWaiHeng information Technology, Co,Ltd." (CN)

Owen, would you disagree with either of the above two assumptions/assertions
on my part?

Assuming that the answer is "no" on both counts, then I have just a couple
of additional questions for Owen relating to the following simple timeline
that I put together which, I believe, shows events relating to the various
RIPE-region IPv4 allocations that are or were associated with the organisation
handle ORG-HLTA1-RIPE:

https://pastebin.com/raw/nZuN9xVn

Owen, if you wold be so kind, I am hoping that you can answer the following
rather simple questions relating to the timeline linked to above. I am not
aware of any reason why you would be unable to answer these questions, given
that doing so cannot possibly implicate any issues currently being adjudicated
within any Mauritian courts, and given that these questions have most certainly
not been put to you prior to today, let alone previously answered by you.

0) Is the timeline presented at the link above accurate and correct as
far as you can tell? If not, what inaccuracies, specifically, does
it contain?

1) True or false? Between June of 2010 and September of 2012, Lu Heng
became the registrant of some 463,872 IPv4 addresses issued by RIPE.

2) True or false? At the present time, the organization designated by
the handle ORG-HLTA1-RIPE is the registrant of 5,120 IPv4 addresses
issued by RIPE.

3) True or false? Between January of 2015 and December of 2016 some
458,752 IPv4 addresses which had previously been registered to the
organisation designated by the handle ORG-HLTA1-RIPE became registered
to other and different organizations.

Regards,
rfg