[Community-Discuss] FUNDRAISING & DONATIONS - TO KEEP AFRINIC RUNNING

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Aug 18 18:11:24 UTC 2021

Dear John,

On Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 20:32 John Curran, <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> I find it quite encouraging that so many organizations have already

> pondered these questions, and (in recognition of the key role AFRINIC plays

> in the development and growth of Internet in Africa) that have come

> together in a fund-raising exercise to help keep AFRINIC running – may they

> find many of similar mind and kindred spirit from around the globe.

> Best wishes,

> /John

> John Curran

> President and CEO

> American Registry for Internet Numbers

I would like to also point out that;

A number of African based IXP/ISP associations (TESPOK Kenya, TISPA
Tanzania, ISPA-Angola, UIXP Uganda, IXPN Nigeria, ISPA-Congo) under the
umbrella of the renowned Af* organisation the "Africa Internet Exchange
Points" (Af-IX), saw it necessary to collaborate and partner together to
run a fundraising campaign that would involve the said parties and the
wider Internet community so that AFRINIC whose core functions, we all
depend on, can keep running without disruption as its our collective
interest.

The Af-IX and TESPOK fundraising web pages and those of the partner ISP/IXP
associations have all the necessary information and we will continue to
improve based on Internet community feedback and also provide complete
transparency and accountability as we move along.

We encourage the Internet community to join these organisations as we work
together to ensure that we KEEP AFRINIC UP AND RUNNING.

Cheers
Noah
TISPA