[Community-Discuss] How to we move from here.

Brian Sowers b.sowers154 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 16:31:27 UTC 2021

Very eloquently said. In short, AFRINIC bungles or botches every decision/policy. From Ernest to this present-day litigation with Cloud, it is evident AFRINIC does not have Africa’s best internet interests at heart. Rather, AFRINIC is more so interested in power and control; it is self-serving. I believe the few standing in defense of AFRINIC are doing more than giving a blind eye to AFRINIC’s corrupted operations. They are serving their own temporary self-interest at the great cost of long lasting repercussions for Africa. There is otherwise no explanation.

The answer to your question, how do we move from here, is evident. AFRINIC can no longer be trusted for the development and stability of the internet in Africa. In fact, it could never be trusted. Either a *new* “bottom-up” approach in that it clears the personnel in its entirety at the roots at AFRINIC with new trusted personnel is to be implemented, or 2. that AFRINIC is disbanded altogether and it’s resources allocated to another RIR, such as RIPE. Both options are in Africa’s best interest.

-Brian