[Community-Discuss] History Lesson -- Looting AFRINIC -- The Beginning

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 15:12:37 UTC 2021

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 10:16 AM Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2021, 11:40 Sunday Folayan, <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 9:03 AM Paschal Ochang <pascosoft at gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>>> Wow. This is really interesting. Are you saying Lu is currently in

>>> Nigeria soliciting with ISPs or he is doing this remotely. Are you

>>> insinuating that Nigerian ISPs are being bought over by Lu? These may be

>>> seen as string accusations not just against Lu but Nigerians as well and

>>> may be taken out of context. So please sometimes we need to self reflect

>>> about some of our messages before sending our messages in this current

>>> keyboard war, cos most of the messages I am seeing on all mailing lists

>>> have been doing more harm than good.

>> Well put. The Nigerian Internet community is cultured and not fragmented.

>> We know when to speak, how to speak and what to say. This is not how to

>> extend an invitation to speak

> Ooh well, Reverand, I am sure you know our African saying that goes "Spare

> the rod, Spoil the Child".

Actually, that one is from the Bible. Proverbs 13:24. You are an aspiring
"pontiff without borders".

The appropriate African proverb, if I may, is "Caution with a leper, his
limbs cannot milk a cow, but it can spill a full pitcher of milk"

Good to here from you :-).

Happy to see fresh and stronger horses, pulling the chariot.

Sunday.