[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Aug 6 08:49:58 UTC 2021

In message <CAGDMR_e8BtUK+UQkF7MNTjR=-8e=Rxkefo=BpF2vOsD5XzQ67A at mail.gmail.com>
Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:

>... from the minutes of board meetings held in November 2014(*)

>The Legal Counsel informed the Board that AFRINIC can't withhold a genuine

>request for IP allocations, it has to allocate, and if later it gets

>evidence that the application was fraudulent, supported by evidence

>collected, then it will be able to recover the resources as per the RSA.

Juat as I have said previously, this has been *the* problem with *all* of
the RIRs and their "secret" procedures for making allocations of valuable
resources, dating all of the way back to the beginning of the RIR system:

How can anyone ever prove that there has been fraud in an application for
number resources where no "outsider" or independent oversight body is ever
even allowed to see the original requests and supporting materials? It is
simply not possible. So all resource members and even prospective future
resource members in all regions are 100% dependent upon the our faith in
the honesty of the "insiders" who make these decisions. And in the case
of Ernest, at least, we now know that that faith was quite seriously
misplaced.

In any case, as we all now also know, Ashok's cavalier comment that "Oh!
If there is a problem, we'll just recover the resources!" can now been seen,
with 20/20 hindsight, to have been, at best, rather over-optimistic.
Because reclaiming resources is not quite so simple, apparently (which
may be the understatement of the century).

Regards,
rfg