[Community-Discuss] NRO MoU section 9. Advisory Appeals Process (was: ICANN ( NRO ) vs LARUS (NRA))

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:28:57 UTC 2021

Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Le jeudi 5 août 2021, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> a écrit :

> On 5 Aug 2021, at 10:26 AM, Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> > [...]

> > ...i hope this makes sense :-/

> > But let me know, please.

> Sylvain -

Hi John,

> I believe that you are asking how should disputes between an RIR

> and their LIR customer be handled, and should there be global panel for

> this purpose for all RIRs?

Yes! that's the problem i want this community
to solve/handle... :-)

...i really appreciate your disponibility to respond
to my personal questionning...i just want to
reassure you that i'm not directing my questions
to you in particular :-)

So! please brother, don't be embarassed, the next
time you see my questions...

...not withstanding the fact that, i'ld like you to
answer all my questions...but, don't care please ;-)

> I have no idea regarding the appropriate answer on dispute

> resolution in the AFRINIC region - that is truly a matter for this community

...of course, thanks.
The community, as wider it can be, is always
welcome, no matter the diversity in opinion ;-)

> to consider and arrive an an appropriate outcome. I do know that in the

> ARIN region we have a formal appeal process, and then binding arbitration

> if it proves necessary. I imagine that others RIRs have their own processes

> in this regard, but offhand I am not familiar with them.

...thanks, i'll check your approach, to compare
with the regional problem at hand.

> Regarding having a global panel for this purpose, it’s unclear

> what benefit would achieved in addressing issues of a single RIR scope via

> a mechanism of global composition - that’s not likely to scale well and

> would exhibit more uncertainty in outcome compared to having such processes

> within the region.

...the reason is simple: to keep the INR System's
disputes within the numbering community; on the
first place...while avoiding the courts on the first
place...i started with something i found to be
an opportunity...now that it's not available, i have
to look at what could be an acceptable and
adequate solution.

> It is my personal view that you (this collective community) are AFRINIC,

> and working to strengthen & instill faith in AFRINIC would appear the most

> direct path to both avoiding disputes and resolving those that do arise

> from time to time.

...i agree, thanks once more.

To continue my quest, i would ask to others:

~°~
1. Please, how do you think we could/should
resolve open dispute between AfriNIC and its
resource holder?

2. How to organize an arbitration process in case
such disputes occur?

3. Do you think that a dispute about INRs should
be directed to the court in the first place?
~°~

> Best wishes,

> /John

Thanks for your appreciated contribution, John.

Shalom,
--sb.

> John Curran

> President and CEO

> American Registry for Internet Numbers

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)