[Community-Discuss] Share About Cloud Innovation Ltd and their business

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 11:44:08 UTC 2021

Dear AfriNIC's Community,

Please see my comments below, inline...

Le mardi 3 août 2021, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

> On Aug 2, 2021, at 00:03 , Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear AfriNIC's Community,

> Please see my comments below, inline...

> Le samedi 31 juillet 2021, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

>> On Jul 30, 2021, at 15:14 , Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Dear AfriNIC's Community,

>>> You’re not answering the question I asked…

>> Hi Owen,

>> Thanks for your email, brother!

>>> What is your basis in policy for claiming that a VM is OK, but leasing

>>> addresses without providing connectivity

>>> services is not?

>> ...you might have forgotten about a simple notion,

>> called: conservation. You shall recognize it as it has

>> been refered out there as *Reservations*.

>> I have not forgotten, but we are not talking about reservation.

> Hi Owen,

> Thanks to take time to reply to my email, brother.

> ...so, *we*! i assume the same *we* you usually

> use to call your team to support your personal interpretation of the

> facts?

> No, we is you and I, the people engaged in this particular conversational

> thread.

Hi Owen,
Thanks for your clarification, brother.

...so, you try to impose to all others a particular
theme?

Please, sir, how can i be removed from your pool?

> Btw, you are entitled to your own opinion.

> ...let's, at least, agree to disagree :-/

>> We are talking about deployment on an actual

>> host connected to the internet for legitimate use.

> ...again, *we*:=you+your_supporting_team, brother?

> For what it's worth, in order to lease community's

> ressources such as INRs, one shall *reserve* it first;

> Um, that’s true whether one is leasing the INRs with or

Thanks to finally getting my point: you practice
leasing on INRs, then you violate the RSA+CPM.

...because you have to *reserve*, given that you don't have any network to
address hosts on or
to define any administrative boundaries for or;
so any distinctive routing policy to document...

> without connnectivity services attached, so you have

> either pointed out how we are identical to every other

> LIR, or, you have both pointed this out _AND_ called

> into question the standard practice of every LIR.

...straw man fallacy?

> I’m not sure which is intended.

> otherwise, any of the end-users/clients shall come

> to the Registration Service to request the needed

> INRs; sure to find some there...and you know it:

> We don’t do anything to interfere with or prevent end-users

> or clients from seeking internet number resources from any

> other source.

...please, sir, could you share your stats on the number of orgs, you have
helped to become LIR
since the time your org shipted from LIR to INRs
seller? mini-RIR? or Global LIR? RFC7020 states:

~°~
[...]

In
cases where LIRs span multiple regions, those LIRs have
established relationships with multiple RIRs.

[...]
~°~

...full part:

~°~

Local IRs

Local Internet Registries (LIRs) are established through a
relationship with the body from which they received their
addresses, typically the RIR that serves the region in which they
operate, a parent LIR, or other number-allocating entity. In
cases where LIRs span multiple regions, those LIRs have
established relationships with multiple RIRs. LIRs perform IP
address allocation services for their customers, typically ISPs,
end users, or child LIRs (also known as "sub-LIRs").

~°~
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7020>

...this comes from your client's website:

~°~
[...] PROFESSIONAL SERVICE
RIR Membership Management Service: Own Your IP Assets
RIR MEMBERSHIP MANAGEMENT SERVICE

LARUS will help you to become a RIR member and obtain your own IPv4
addresses for now and your future needs. With this specialized end-to-end
solution, you will minimize the utilization risk, financial risk and policy
risk. The IPv4 addresses become your asset and generate extra value for you.
[...]
Much Lower Cost

The cost will be as low as 1/10 of the cost of getting the IP addresses
from the transfer market. They will become your asset and generate revenue
with new business and service. Owning your IP addresses will protect you
from the surge of IP address cost in the future.
[...]
~°~
<https://www.larus.net/rir-membershop-management-service>

> those must be incorporated within the AfriNIC's

> service region...they would save a lot of money

> comparing to what could be otherwise payed to

> an intermediary *LIR*...not *GIR*...

> Many LIRs operate on a global scale, including, for

~°~
[...]

In
cases where LIRs span multiple regions, those LIRs have
established relationships with multiple RIRs.

[...]
~°~

> example, Verizon, Hurricane Electric, Akamai, and

> more. The term LIR is primarily used not so much to

> indicate some diminutive scope as to provide a convenient

> distinction from RIR (regional, quasi-continental) or

> NIR (National).

...brother, are you lieing?

Please see the bit of texts from RFC7020, pasted
above... :'-(

...i don't forget that it's, for you an *INRs War*
against the RFC7020; thus against the entire
Internet Numbers Registry System.

Allow me to stop here.

Shalom,
--sb.

> ...note that no AfriNIC's Resource Member is a GIR (Global Internet

> Registry) but all are LIRs (Local

> Internet Registries) established/approved to serve

> their local economic zone and free to deploy their business accross the

> whole AfriNIC's service

> region, wherever they can extend it; legally speaking.

> You are misunderstanding the nature of the term LIR here.

> There is nothing in AFRINIC’s governing documents which prohibits

> its resource members from deploying their business across the entire

> planet. If you believe that there is, please provide relevant citations

> to the appropriate governing document(s).

> The difference… The only difference… Is that the

>> connectivity service does not come from the same provider as the

>> addresses.

> ...if...then, please see above!

> If what?

> You seem to read the CPM selectively, if not why could you ignore the

> notion of valid assignments

> and SAW.

> SAW applies to sub allocations made from one LIR to another. Cloud

> Innovation makes assignments

> and does not make sub allocations, thus the SAW does not apply.

> As to “valid assignments” where is it that you think these are defined?

> Which section of the CPM

> do you think I have ignored in considering Cloud Innovations assignments

> valid?

> ...icymi, please see here:

> <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013424.html>

> [...]

> Owen

[...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)