[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sun Aug 1 21:06:45 UTC 2021

This is incorrect and in line actually with what I said -

11.4) Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 11.3 above, the Board may adopt such policies regarding the management of internet number resources where it considers that the same is necessary and urgent, having regard to the proper and responsible usage of these resources. [Amended at the 2020 AGMM]

11.5) Endorsement of the policy adopted by the Board:

1. Any policy adopted by the Board under the provisions of Article11.4 shall be submitted to the community for endorsement at the next public policy meeting.
2. In the event that such a policy submitted by the Board is not endorsed, the said policy shall not be enforced or implemented following its non-endorsement; however, any action taken in terms of the policy prior to such non-endorsement shall remain valid.

The board can pass a policy - valid till the next policy meeting - and if the community doesn’t like it they can reverse it - in the mean time those who feel the threat is to great can move in the intervening period.

The board can - and does - have the power to implement policy valid till the next of wg

Andrew