[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Aug 1 20:48:48 UTC 2021

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 11:30 PM Andrew Alston <
Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

> <snip>

> > It remains Andrew's personal opinion and not the consensus of 75% of the

> membership base.

> Can I suggest as a compromise position we then test this theory by putting

> the question of transfers to a member vote passed or failed by simple

> majority?

Seeing that policy development is a matter of the PDWG community as CPM and
Bylaws section 11.3), the majority membership dont have powers to do so
and I was teasing Owen with that 75% and since the Bylaws amendment of 2020
in section 11.5) i and ii, not even the board has powers anymore to enforce
any policy without the endorsement and consensus of the PDWG community.

> This worked for ripe with rpki when they took it to a members vote outside

> of the pdp… why not here?

What worked in RIPE does not necessarily have to work here and we have
shared the same sentiments with Jordi within the PDWG discussions.

Cheers
Noah