[Community-Discuss] Call for AFRINIC’s registry service migration to other RIRs

Christian Orozco chresgoro at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 12:35:13 UTC 2021

First of all, no one here wants AFRINIC to perish. Let's just be clear on
that. All of us here, in this discussion, understand the mission and the
important duties of AFRINIC very well. However, if AFRINIC needs to get
back to its feet first, doesn't a more capable entity be more beneficial to
internet users?

I do not find asking for clarity a debilitating act. Describing something
as "shady" does not directly put one side into a bad light, it's just that
there is more to be learned. Someone is curious about it, so that person
will ask and do other means to seek answers. If only there is an urgency to
inform everyone of AFRINIC's financial situation, then there will not be a
point of doubt at all in the first place.

Regards,
Christian