[Community-Discuss] Yet more data base problems/inconsistancies

AFRINIC Communication comms at afrinic.net
Mon Nov 30 10:29:24 UTC 2020

Dear community,

We would like to highlight and appreciate your feedback on the WHOIS Database.

AFRINIC is committed to working towards improving the accuracy and security of the WHOIS Database and relies on such feedback to continuously improve the WHOIS Database.

In this regard, we would like to invite anyone who is willing to make such contributions to join the Database working group (DBWG) by subscribing to our mailing list.

AFRINIC is also pleased to announce the upcoming deployment of features that will improve security in the WHOIS Database.

Please read more on these deployments on our blog: https://afrinic.net/20201130-deprecation-of-crypt-and-md5

Ashil Oogarah

On behalf of AFRINIC’s IT and Engineering Team