[Community-Discuss] [afnog] Updates on the misappropriation of IPv4 resources

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Dec 24 11:28:10 UTC 2020

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020, 01:14 Ronald F. Guilmette, <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
wrote:

> Let me begin by saying that I have only just been informed that there is

> some connection between Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> and SEACOM. My apologies

> to him.

No need to apologize.... Some members of the AFRICAN Internet community
besides myself tend to wear multiple hats :-).

If I had known of that connection, I might have raised the

> issus of the Ugandan bogons with him privately.

It's best to address issues publicly because chances are that I personally
will not respond privately as I find private convos dodgy.

We run real networks and with that comes all sort of issues and this is one
of those that will be fixed.

> So the question must be asked: Why is AS37100 (or anybody else) still

> peering with the bogon AS26754?

Ans dude since this was just brought into the Internet community attention
yesterday and like I indicated this will be followed up even though we are
now in a network freeze period but rest assured it's an issue being
followed up.

To this end, I see that AFRINIC has sort of reclaimed that ASN as you
rightfully indicated in your post so something is in th works.

> That should not be happening.

100% and FWIW while most might be aware, we rolled out RPKI [1] so that we
can be able to deal with such incidents but similarly its good for us as
the Internet community to keep each other informed as well.

Cheers,
Noah

[1]
https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2019-April/002821.html