[Community-Discuss] Misappropriation of IP addresses in the AFRINIC region

Raúl Echeberría raul at echeberria.org
Wed Aug 26 15:29:53 UTC 2020

Congratulations Eddy:

The report is very clear (as clear as, i guess, it can be due to the legal restrictions) and it seems you are doing a very professional work here. It shows also a very productive cooperation between AFRINIC and APNIC.

According the report, you have already recovered 1/3 of the misappropriated space (1.33 million of IPv4 addresses) That’s very good. It shows that it is feasible to revert this situation.

I wish you all the success in recovering as much of the rest of the 4 million addresses as possible.

Best,

Raúl