[Community-Discuss] Ongoing thefts of AFRINIC Legacy Resources -- Ongoing collusion?

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu Aug 20 17:35:59 UTC 2020

Ronald,

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020, 19:25 Ronald F. Guilmette, <rfg at tristatelogic.com>
wrote:

> *) Why is the legal complaint in this alleged legal action, by Mr.

> Cohen,

> and against AFRINIC, being kept secret from both the public and even

> from

> the dues-paying members of AFRINIC who have a clear right to see it?

So perhaps you missed emails from the CEO but in his recent email to
members and the community he indicated that AfriNIC inlight of your
revelations has continued to work on its whois database accuracy, an
exercise once completed would ensure some of the issues you have raised are
resolved with measures in place to counter any future reoccurrence.

Also in terms of the apparent Cohen lawsuit there was an update from the
CEO about an interim injunction which was still pending before the
Supreme Court in Mauritius. The assumption is therefore that this should be
related to the Cohen lawsuit you are referring to.

Ultimately this would trickle down to members since court cases attract
fees but this will be a discussion for another day.

And

> why do the dues-paying members of AFRINIC even tolerate this attempt to

> hide the facts which they have a right to know?

Folks to this end are not tolerating any of this but rather waiting
anxiously for the outcome based on the periodic updates the CEO has been
sending to both members and the community ref; the issues you raised months
ago and recently.

> Or should things just continue to go on they way they have been,

On the contrary, I doubt any serious folk would tolerate that. We cant jump
to further conclusions especially when we dont have all the facts beyond
what has been reported by the media and yourself. Its clear that mistakes
where made and we expect a full report from the leadership after conclusion
of their long investigations.

> It's your RiR and your choice. The members can just continue to turn a

> blind eye to all of this, but you cannot now do so without without knowing,

> for certain, that MANY facts and answers are being deliberately hidden.

We anticipate that this will not be the case as we expect the board and
management to eventually provide a final update on this issues.

PS: Dont mistake the silence from the community as an indication for
condoning this mess.

Noah