[Community-Discuss] Fwd: AFRINIC-31 Meeting

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Nov 17 08:32:27 UTC 2019

I'm not sure stopping them from attending is possible, as that can be
easily forged.

I'm also not sure preventing them from reaching out to the community for
their business is also feasible.

The only real defence that I see is equipping the community with
sufficient knowledge about this so folk are not easily swayed by the
glorious promises of engaging with them.

Mark.

On 16/Nov/19 17:20, Sami Salih wrote:

> if we all agreed that the reasons they want to attend AFRINIC is not

> welcoming, can we be more proactive and stop them from attending or at

> least stop them from conveying the message to the community ?

> *Dr. Sami H.O. Salih*

> Assistant Prof, School of Electronics Engineering, SUST

> Head of R&D, NTC, SUDAN

> President of SDv6TF

> T/F: (249)122045707/187171355

>>> Mark.

>>> Greetings,

>>> Hope this email finds you well!

>>> I'm representing IPv4 Services, a registered broker in RIPE, ARIN

>>> and APNIC. We are attending at AFRINIC 31 in Luanda, Angola, and

>>> would be a pleasure to meet people that are open to a potential

>>> collaboration regarding IPv4 resources.

>>> We are planning to establish new connections and find AFRINIC based

>>> business partners for selling/leasing/purchase of IPv4 addresses.

>>> NOTE - if you are interested please feel free to contact me with any

>>> questions.

>>> See you at the event.

>>> --

>>> Kind regards,