[Community-Discuss] Fwd: AFRINIC-31 Meeting

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Nov 17 03:55:36 UTC 2019

> On Nov 16, 2019, at 18:38 , JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss <community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

> I don’t think this will be acceptable.

> We like it or not we should not ban anyone to come to the meetings, unless they violate code of conduct or anything similar that we have for the meetings. Of course, unless in our code of conduct we state explicitly that anyone using the whois or collecting emails from the lists will be ban to participate in the meetings.

I agree that banning them from attending the meeting would be unacceptable.

However, if the community finds their business practices sufficiently inappropriate, then I have no problem with the idea that the community can encourage the board to prohibit them from exhibiting at the meeting.

The standards for participation (open to all) and exhibiting (businesses attempting to solicit relationships) have very different goals and requirements.