[Community-Discuss] Gratitude (off-topic)

S. Moonesamy sm+af at afrinic.net
Thu May 30 09:39:17 UTC 2019

Dear Mike,
At 08:02 AM 29-05-2019, Mike Silber wrote:
>This is a useful resource - though many of the references are South
>African legal requirements, they are similar to many others found elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing those requirements.

>I think one of the biggest challenges is that AfriNIC has not found
>a creative way of dealing with the difference between resource
>members and the legal corporate members under Mauritian law (a
>position currently occupied by the board).
>  So [removed] was not wrong to say that the AGMM is at the pleasure
> of our directors and we as a community have very few rights in that
> regard. We have handed our mandate to a

I was reminded [1] of AFPUB-2018-GEN-001-DRAFT02 when I read the above.

I spent some time in December 2018 discussing about the legal aspects
as it was difficult to understand the difference(s) mentioned
above.  In my opinion, there would be a compliance issue as Article
11.1 of the Constitution is applicable for an AGMM.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2019/009026.html