[Community-Discuss] Reform Nomcomm - was Announcement for Final Candidate Slate for Open Seat on AFRINIC Governance Committee

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 15 10:34:52 UTC 2019

Walu,

It is hard to make cross-RIR comparisons in this case because the idea of “regional seats” is unique to AfriNIC and exists in no other RIR.

Every other RIR has a board made up entirely of those elected from the community at large. In fact, to the best of my knowledge, AfriNIC is the only RIR which requires territorial residence for its directors.

Owen