[Community-Discuss] Gratitude

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Wed Jun 12 05:20:08 UTC 2019

Hi Owen,

On 6/12/19 3:27 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> I admit I am not an expert in law and have little understanding of Mauritian
> law in particular, but it seems rather absurd to me that a document which
> can be inspected at will or “made available upon request” would somehow
> preclude further publication or dissemination of the data contained in the
> document.

It seems to me that most people are considering only names & addresses
as being personal data in the document uploaded by AFRINIC.

Court judgments are public records available from the court registry.
Some court judgments are also available in PDF format from the Supreme
Court of Mauritius website. The judgment documents available on the
Supreme Court website do not contain any further annex or personal data
of individuals.

The consent given to one entity does not automatically transfer to
another. The Registrar of Companies provides access to company records.
Does the registrar give rights to re-publish those records?

IMHO obtaining data and re-publishing data are not the same.

Regards,

Ish Sookun