[Community-Discuss] Fwd: FIRE Africa Awards 2019

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:02:19 UTC 2019

Dear Matogoro,

I personally have submitted applications for Fire Awards and never have the
projects I have submitted got any grant. Sometimes I query the selection
whereby they do not even give feedback on what went wrong or why you did
not get the grant.
I advise that don't lean only on Fire awards or grants but try some other
methods of lobbying funding to support your project or even if possible
consider fundraising.
I wish the process was transparent on applications recieved and criteria
used in selection of grantees and also for those that did not get the
grant, feedback is given.
Otherwise, i resorted to alternative means of raising funds.

Daniel
ᐧ

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 19:32, Matogoro Jabera <jaberamatogoro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> Recently, AfrINIC announced for FIRE Awards for the outstanding project. I
> tried more than five times to submit my project but was not successful.
>
> I tried to contact AFRINIC but received the support which did not answered
> my question. AFRINIC claimed that the upload link was fine while to my side
> did not worked. Finally I gave up and life goes on.
>
> I think something need to be fixed at AFRINIC. Just sharing out my
> frustrations.
>

> Regards,
> Matogoro

Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa/ Chair - Outreach and Engagement WG
(ICANN At-Large)/ former Chair - FOSSFA  / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising
Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka