[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Complain to NoMCOM

Paul McMaster paulm at faircape.co.za
Thu Jun 6 09:41:28 UTC 2019

Frankly this is not a flaw, but incompetence.
If I was a conspiracy buff, one would wonder many things.....

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 at 11:26, Taiwo Oyewande <taiwo.oyewande88 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I find myself in the same shoes as Abdulkarim. I sent out my Application
> for the PDWG co-chair in due time, waiting to see the shortlisted
> candidates. When the shortlisted candidates were released, I felt I didn’t
> qualify for some reason. On trying to check if NOMCOM sent me a mail
> stating why I wouldn’t be shortlisted at this time, i stumbled on a mail
> from a personal gmail address in my spam requesting some more information
> for my PDWG co-chair application. Since then i have been trying to make
> contact with the committee via phone and email. But we haven’t been able to
> come to a resolve.
>
> I think it is unfair to give a 24hr deadline to send documents for such a
> position.
>
> I am of the strong opinion that the NOMCOM will like to produce the best
> candidates to emerge as co-chairs. This can only be achieved through a fair
> procedure.
>
> I will appreciate if this flaw can be reviewed and amended to make room
> for better competition and the emergence of the best candidates as co-chairs
>
> On this note I will like to commend the work of the NomCom so far. I am
> sure the job has not been easy. With a little improvement, a lot of great
> things will be achieved.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Taiwo Oyewande
>

> On 6 Jun 2019, at 08:01, Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote:
>
> Those all seem like very reasonable suggestions.
>
> Running a nomcom can be hard, but with concrete procedural guidelines like
> the ones just suggested, it can be made easier and more predictable. I’ve
> run a lot of nomcoms, and been on still more, and structure helps immensely
> to set everyone’s expectations and keep things running smoothly.
>
>                 -Bill
>

> On Jun 6, 2019, at 08:47, ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE <
> oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> wrote:
>
> Dear all
>
> I one of the those who have spent a considerable amount of time in
> preparing my application for the position of the AFRINIC  policy chair,
> unfortunately, I didn’t get listed. Am sending this email just to clarify
> and correct the situation as I believe NOMCOM is out to a good job
>
> I checked my email today after being on holiday for Ramadan. Ramadan is a
> period where Muslims fast and it can be stressful but it is a period I take
> some time out of my stressful schedule to have a relationship with my
> creator.  On checking my email  I realised my name was not on the
> announcement list as a candidate (Slate) and I was shocked as I didn’t know
> why this has happened. on one hand, I felt maybe NOMCOM felt I was not good
> enough and I went on with my life.
> Later in the day, I checked my junk email and found that an email was sent
> earlier confirming the submission of my application asking for some
> personal documents. The email address used was a Gmail account. This email
> [...]

<https://goo.gl/nemKAL>
Paul McMaster
IT Manager
Direct: (021) 815 5792 | Switchboard: (021) 815 5700
paulm at faircape.co.za

*Please, in the interests of security, be advised that, Faircape will never
send you an e-mail advising you of a change of our banking details.Such
emails could be an attempt to defraud you by asking you to make payment to
a fraudulent bank account. Do not act on such an email, please contact the
writer immediately.*

Committed to excellence
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT | SALES & LEASING | COMMUNICATIONS | SURVEILLANCE
SERVICES | UTILITY MANAGEMENT & ENERGY SOLUTIONS | RETIREMENT HOLDINGS |
HEALTHCARE

--

Disclaimer

This e-mail and its contents are subject to a disclaimer (the
"Disclaimer"). This Disclaimer can be viewed at
www.faircape.co.za/wp-admin/email_disclaimer.pdf
<http://www.faircape.co.za/wp-admin/email_disclaimer.pdf> This Disclaimer
forms part of the content of this e-mail in terms of section 11 of the
Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002. If you are
unable to access the weblink kindly send an e-mail to
legaladvisor at faircape.co.za <mailto:legaladvisor at faircape.co.za> and
request that a copy of the Disclaimer be e-mailed to you. Use of this
e-mail is prohibited when received in error. In such circumstances please
destroy immediately and notify the sender.