[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Borad Elections

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jul 10 04:55:34 UTC 2019

Sami,

I would hope that you (and others) can see the difference between your signature as SUST (which merely depicts an affiliation) and campaigning with a signature that purports to represent multiple groups seen by many in the community as authority figures and/or positions of responsibility within the community.

You will note, for example, that when I go to the microphone or post something on the list, I do not include anything about my membership on the ARIN advisory council and in many cases, will go out of my way to make it very clear that I am speaking only for myself and not representing the views of ARIN, the AC, etc.

IMHO, there’s nothing particularly wrong with the content of Wafa’s email, but, if she was going to put that content above the signature she did, she should have made it clear that those groups were not endorsing the candidates or opinions expressed.

Owen