[Community-Discuss] [rpd] Lobbying Allegations against W

Omo Oaiya Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net
Fri Jul 5 13:19:08 UTC 2019

On Fri, 5 Jul 2019 at 13:45, Mirriam via Community-Discuss <
community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hi guys

> So I have been following these discussions and what i have noted is, some

> community members accusing others for something they also do.

> Wafa clarified earlier that she was lobbying in her personal capacity for

> her preferred candidates from Northern Africa and others. And Mr.Dewole was

> also lobbying for his preferred board candidates Seun and Adewale within

> Nigeria. And Andrew Alston was lobbying for his preferred board candidates

> Sunday, Haitham and Silber in the past elections.

> Seems to me that different members from the community are also engaged in

> lobbying from what I have read with each individual stating their own

> reasons and plans why they prefer those candidates.

> Elections are over. We should concentrate on other important issues and

> maybe every lobbyist out there can revisit their lobbying activities when

> election season opens again.

> I don't see anything constructive from this discussion other than the fact

> that it has diverted attention from the email Wafa sent in an attempt to

> help new members of the community to get knowledge about the PDP .

> As for Larus Foundation Fellowship issue which Wafa raised earlier before

> this confusion of lobbying, I think Afrinic needs to intervene since they

> run fellowship programs and show leadership so that the PDP is not abused

> further by other third parties. Third parties can directly work with

> Afrinic to remove doubt from the community.

> Mirriam.

Nice summary. Hopefully, we can now move forward to productive discussions
and make corrections where we think they are needed.

I like the idea of ALL fellowship support channelled through AFRINIC. This
can be coupled with the more elaborate newcomer arrangements that have been
proposed by some.

Omo