[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Borad Elections

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Jul 5 08:51:20 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 1:42 AM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss <
community-discuss at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hi Noah,

> I’m sure we all have contacts from lots of people from the community, but

> we use those contacts for the reason they have been provided, is not lawful

> to use those for anything else.

I have sent some of my contacts an emails that were not related to the
original reasons the email was provided for. I have received emails from my
contacts and people who are not my contact. I even receive calls from
people I don't know and who are not my in my mobile phone contact. If I
found the email reasonable, I act on it otherwise I delete it, simple as
that. If you don't like the email, send it to the SPAM/JUNK email, simple
as that. If you don't like the phone call, drop it.

People share other peoples contacts email/phones and people ask other
people about other peoples contacts. In my country, I even receive
presidential campaign text messages and sometime from even member of
parliament requesting for my vote in the national elections. Candidates and
their supports always go so far in outreach activities in order to
consolidate support from different constituencies for their preferred
candidate and its the nature of political campaigns world over.

If the same email or call is made frequently, then that is a different
story.

Noah