[Community-Discuss] Access to AFRINIC Whois raw DB & INR (was : The Looting of AFRINIC)

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Dec 11 09:06:18 UTC 2019

In message <CAJjTEvGu4NSgNf+1YxK72j=ue=m4vayCnrBXa90DCht=TXht5Q at mail.gmail.com>
Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:

>Do note that the above application and vetting is to allow access to

>un-sanitised WHOIS data. That is, including all email addresses unmasked

>(similar to command-line 'whois -B' output), as well as other contact

>information. And this is entirely at hostmaster's discretion.

For the record, we were unable to even find out who, specifically, had
denied our valid and legitimate requests for unredacted WHOIS data.

We would certainly like to know if the AFRINIC Policy Coordinator either
made or influenced the decision to reject our reasonable requests.

As far as we are concerned, those requests are still pending.

Regards,
rfg