[Community-Discuss] The Looting of AFRINIC

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Dec 5 13:11:04 UTC 2019

I don't disagree with that either.

I am certain AFRINIC are working on this, and I know there will be no
shortage of queries about this from the field, much to our
already-clogged e-mail boxes. I don't want to do the jobs of others; no
one is doing mine for me.

My preferred current focus - your last paragraph, below.

Mark.

On 5/Dec/19 14:46, Mike Silber wrote:

> Be that as it may - that seems to ignore the fact that there appears

> to have been significant malfeasance regarding non-legacy space.

> I just want to ensure that we maintain a balanced view of the problem

> and not deflect it to focus only on the legacy space issue.

> It terms of priorities - it would make sense to me to focus on how

> space that should have been subject to the RSA has been

> mis-appropriated and then turn to the more difficult question of

> legacy space. If the current processes are open to abuse, then moving

> legacy space under those processes may not have the desired outcome.

> Mike

>> On 5 Dec 2019, at 14:27, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu

>> <mailto:mark.tinka at seacom.mu>> wrote:

>> Completely agree with Sunday.

>> Mark.

>> On 5/Dec/19 13:02, Sunday Folayan wrote:

>>> Isn't it time to address Legacy space issues, specifically ancient

>>> squatters on spaces meant to develop the Internet in Africa, AfriNIC

>>> Services and bringing legacy spaces under some form of RSA?

>>> I urge the community to think beyond the sensation and let us see

>>> how to help and empower the people doing useful work for Africa.

>>> Thanks.

>>> Sunday.