[Community-Discuss] Internet shutdown in Africa

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Apr 30 20:33:28 UTC 2019

Folks

Policies and IGF are all good until political power is threatened. In such
a situation, politics will always win the day in some countries where the
administrative state see it fit to temp shut down your beloved Internet
after all its feasible in term of saving the day.

As long as the administrative state believes it does not have the mechanism
to control how information is spread, It will definately curtain the means
of information dissamination.

Internet shutdowns as temporaly as they have become across various
countries globally... we ought to accept that they are politically
motivated as most incubents believe that control of the political narrative
especially during national elections would be of great advantage to those
in power and they would stop at nothing to shutdown the big I.

In some poweful countries, some part of the big I is censored and continues
to be censored.

Its just what it is. Power vs the big I. You choose.

Thinking out loud.

Noah