[Community-Discuss] 06 April 2019 RPKI incident - Postmortem report

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Apr 10 13:02:53 UTC 2019

If you automate the process, you have to store the private key in a manner in which it can be accessed automatically.

This compromises the integrity of the key as it must be stored online (or be usable through an on-line process)  rather than being kept offline and utilized via an HSM or other secure process.

Owen