[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Sat May 19 07:58:44 UTC 2018

On 18/05/2018 23:11, Chevalier du Borg wrote:

> Le ven. 18 mai 2018 à 13:34, Mark Elkins <mje at posix.co.za
> <mailto:mje at posix.co.za>> a écrit :
>

>     Regarding Money and Meetings.
>
>     I would like to propose to the community and membership that
>     AfriNIC meetings are no longer free to attend - that we introduce
>     a badge fee of (say) US$100 in order to acquire the badge.
>

> I agree need to impose some cost
> $100  = about 50,000 in Central African Francs is bit high especially
> for local
>

> Question: Is AFRINIC meeting the way it is worth pay $100 for?

In the early years before AIS existed  - If I went to the AfNOG talks -
I had to pay $50 per day.

$100 is just a suggestion. $50 for the badge (lasting the week) would
still, I think, be fine. Maybe $50 if you are from the host country,
$100 for everyone else?

--
Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.128070590  Cell: +27.826010496