[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Ben Roberts Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com
Thu May 17 14:38:03 UTC 2018

All,
The election was run and winner declared. Majority of votes cast to have none of the candidates join the board.

The AGMM has now closed with no board members being elected.

Neither of the losing candidates have challenged the elections, but they are  free to do so if they wish.

But I lived through a disputed election last year here in Kenya, the long limbo period of the dispute was not good for the nation. The result of the election was the same at the end of the day, except the productivity of the nation was low, and there was national division and this went on for more than 6 months.

I don’t think Afrinic needs more of division than it has already. And ways to unite and move forwards need to be considered.

N’est-ce pas?

Ben

Sent from my iPhone