[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:43:19 UTC 2018

So let us examine what happen

a) The two current membre of board had no competition
b) Less than 1/3 of membership vote in the election
c) The clear winner is "None of the Above"

I see two problem

Point (b) say that: most member do not care
Point (c) clearly send a message: all those that were candidate are not
good enough.  Add to point (a) and we see that there is a very very very
BIG problem.

These attempt to ignore message of (c) will in long term will DESTROY
governance in this organisation.

I can see why people vote "None of the above" --- just listen to the
campaign speech of all the candidate was so DISAPPOINTING!

If this bottom-up process is not going to work, maybe we should hand this
thing over to African Union and government to run.  All this drama may stop.

Dear board, dear CEO, every crise is an opportunity, for greatness or more
rubbish. Do not waist this crisis.

Borg le Chevalier