[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Faulty result for Western Africa in AfriNIC AGMM Elections

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Thu May 17 11:32:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, 17 May 2018, 12:15 p.m. Mark Elkins, <mje at posix.co.za> wrote:

> I disagree with your first paragraph. I was a Board Member when "None of
> the Above" was introduced. I was also often on NomCom. The simple idea
> behind "None of the Above" is simply that - None of the above - that's
> everyone (natural persons) listed on that ballot. It's not just for the
> case where there is only one name on the ballot.

Elkins,

I acknowledge your experience but for this one, I beg to differ because the
text in the bylaws is very crystal clear.

This is a mistake imho and more clarification is sought as we cant deny a
candidate the win based on precidence yet the rules say otherwise.

May we get the opinion of legal as his clarification is important.

Cheers,
Noah