[Community-Discuss] Board update on Governance Committee report

Chevalier du Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Tue May 8 08:13:26 UTC 2018

Dear M. Badru Ntege

You talk many times about leadership. In the name of this community that
you always invoke, please SHOW some

I. Do not let your vindictifness get in way of your leadership. It very
hard thing to do, but please try.
II. Maintain factfulness and logic as much as possible

> It was clear that the board leadership at the time had created a situation
> which undermined the CEO at the time with conversations being shared with
> junior staff

Do you have evidence that the ENTIRE BOARD LEADERSHIP shared the
conversation with junior staff? If yes, please share with board and GC. If
not then you are shooting spray gun.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 6 May 2018, at 19:58, Abibu Ntahigiye <abibu.ntahigiye at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> The Board has also been advised that in considering the report they need
> to be cognizant of issues of confidentiality and data protection.
>

> It’s hard to reconcile this with actions being taken.

I am also sure that many member of this community found some of your
actions as board chair hard to reconcile with. Some still find your action
in the community not so hard to reconcile with.

In first case, la community gave you benefit of doubt as elected chair.
Please do same for elected board
In second case, we just scratch our head and order another glass of wine
... :-)

>    -
>
>    That there is no evidence whatsoever against Haitham El Nakhal of
>    having breached the terms of the NDA and/or section 153 of the Companies
>    Act 2001.
>

> But he was complicit in behavior unbecoming of a board member since it was
> clear he was part off the conversations.

Private conversation between chair, vice and CEO is bad? Do you think CEO
and all other staff mentoned was also complicity in the behavior since they
was part off the conversation?

>    -
>
>    That the Investigation Committee (IC) is satisfied that there was no
>    evidence of harassment, bullying or intimidation by Board members.
>

> So the entire information shared to all the community was not true.  That
> our female members of staff were confused about the constant unwelcome
> advances from a former board member ??

Do you have evidence to back that up? Especially that it was constant and
directed to multiple FEMALE STAFF? Please share with board or GC.

> Harassment is emotional and does not leave scientific evidence.

Harrassment or claims of it can also be weaponized. Sometimes it leave
logical evidence.

> The Board will re-evaluate the interim Chair and Vice Chair appointments
> that were made in resolution 201803.398.
>

> I believe there are more important issues for our organization than ego
> cleansing.  Both former chair and vice were complicit.

Gee, why did we even need independent investigation? We can have just
listen to you. Your strong leadership and the HUGE community trust in you
makes corporate governance mechanicsm like independent investigator and GC
irrelevant.

> With regards to allegations made against certain members of staff, the
> Board observed from the IC report  that there may have been inappropriate
> behaviour on the part of certain staff members.
>

> We are dancing arround the issue again. Are you telling us that we are
> still not sure ???
>

> It is a fact that morale is low.

FACT? do we have same understanding of what a fact is? This coming from a
"leader" who speaking in name of the community is  (to borrow word M.
Alston) - - - APPALLING!!

> Board and executive need to get a grip. And stop procrastinating.
>
> The findings and recommendations related to staff matters will be
> addressed through necessary processes
>

> Please elaborate lightly on the processes from what i read in your email
> there are no issues.
>
> We appeal to the community to allow the Board time to consider the report
> carefully, and provide feedback to the community no later than 31 July 2018
> on the next steps and how the recommendations will be implemented.
>

> Even non profits have standards to uphold. We cannot continue giving you
> time when you have not clearly defined what you plan to deliver apart from
> ensuring the perpetual survival of a non performing board.
>
> I’m not for full board removal but I’m for the gradual transformation
> through elections.
>
> Help us decide that we need no change moving forward or do we gradually
> add new people that will act on the issues.
>
> We need positive action.

Dear M. Badru .... maybe you mean well. But your way of communicating makes
us distrust your INTENTIONS (please don't say it's for our community).

It is not too late. A good sign of a great leader is that they swallow
their ego several time a day but don't choke on it. Actually, I don't even
think it scientifically possible for anyone to choke after swallow their
ego.

We expect better leadership from you.

> Kind regards
>
> ----