[Community-Discuss] Due diligence taken before hiring Afrinic HR Manager

damola olajide d.olajide72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:28:09 UTC 2018

Hello

In light of the recent disclosed complaints, we have received no reply from
Afrinic HR regarding more details about staff turnover in the AGMM report.

Thus, I have done my own investigation on Mr Yavisht Toolseeya.

In the following link,
https://vpmpcs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Annual-Report-2013.pdf we can
notice on page 9 that Mr Yavisht Toolseeya is in the board of directors of
a company called Vacoas Popular Multi Purpose Co-operative Society LTD.

I translated the following article that appeared on a famous Mauritius
newspaper as follows:
https://www.lemauricien.com/article/detournements-arrestation-et-inculpation-des-maserati-boys-vacoas
which amounts to conspiracy to defraud to wit: Using black money for
personal financial gain.

I strongly doubt that Mr Yavisht Toolseeya despite being in the board of
directors of  Vacoas Popular Multi Purpose Co-operative Society LTD would
act as a whistleblower of this scandal instead of tuning a deaf ear to the
situation.

Similarly, we can perceive how this reflects on his attitude as HR Manager
of Afrinic. I question Afrinic choice about his recruitment. Was due
diligence done before hiring Mr Yavisht Toolseeya as HR Manager of Afrinic ?

Damola Olajide
Network & Security Engineer
Lagos, Nigeria