[Community-Discuss] Complaint from staff member

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Tue Mar 13 18:58:34 UTC 2018

Governance committee and COE could not nomcom

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 Mar 2018, at 20:51, Ali Hussein <ali at hussein.me.ke<mailto:ali at hussein.me.ke>> wrote:

Mike

I completely agree.

On the other hand there’s the wider public. This must be managed prudently, wisely and with urgency. In cases like this there are clear guidelines and best practices to follow. Some suggestions below:-

1. Issue a press release urgently stating the facts and assuring the accuser(s) and the public at large that action is being taken and to urge patience.

2. Quickly (in the next two days max) constitute an internal team (NomComm?) that will have the mandate to appoint an independent third party to handle the issue.

3. A clear TOR and timeline for the investigating team.

4. Findings to be made public and recommended action.

This or a variation of this could work well to appease the community and other stakeholders.

Ali Hussein
Principal
Hussein & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim

Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad