[Community-Discuss] No Update from AFRINIC HR and Administration since 2015
Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Tue Mar 13 15:34:33 UTC 2018
I’ve now read this document over several times…. And having been involved in AfriNIC for so long – there are a few observations
Firstly – what’s contained in here is allegations – and allegations that while serious have not been proven in any way. I do not believe though that anyone is in a position to judge the substance or lack thereof of what this contains from this document alone.
Secondly – With these allegations becoming public – and because of the potential reputational harm to AfriNIC – I do believe (and its just an opinion) that they warrant an investigation – and I honestly believe that said investigation to have _any_ credibility would have to be done entirely externally by a non-biased third party.
Thirdly – I would argue that the outcome of said investigation, while in normal situations in a normal corporate, would be dealt with internally, in this case should be published – in entirety. The only reason I argue this is that, as members with allegations such as these being made that impact the reputation of _our_ organisation, I think this community has a right to answers.
Forth – The board has several choices to make here in my opinion
1. Ignore it and say nothing – I do not believe that is an option at this point – section 3.4.vii of the AfriNIC bylaws states: To disseminate among its members information on all matters affecting the Company and its members and to provide for and be a central channel of communication for the members of the Company and generally for the furtherance and promotion of their interests
* In the case above, I would argue that that an issue such as the one raised is very definitely a matter that could have material effect on the company, particularly in light of the fact that the individual seemingly making these allegations states they are asking for compensation – which would presumably be financial
2. Conduct a full investigation using an entirely external third party and resolve the matter – I would argue as I have above that in the interests of the transparency which we aspire to, such a report should be public
3. Considering these allegations have now been made public – there is the option of testing them in a court of law and potentially suing for defamation (I’m not saying this is a good idea and I have no idea the legal implications of it)
4. The affected individuals could resign and call it a day – though for me personally – the only time that option would be acceptable would be in the case of the allegations being proven rather than exactly what they are right now – unproven allegations
But I will say – without an investigation and a proper report with proper findings conducted by an external party – I think it would be deeply premature of this community to judge in the absence of far stronger evidence than one document that is comprised of third hand information and allegations. I also however believe that the board has a duty to the members and this community to respond in the face of allegations which could have material effect on the company.
Let us see what comes from an investigation – then let us judge – and again – let me be crystal clear- I am making no assumptions in saying this – and I am not defending any party or casting any blame.
From: kaweshe sichali [mailto:kaweshesichali at gmail.com]
Sent: 13 March 2018 15:48
To: community-discuss at afrinic.net
Subject: [Community-Discuss] No Update from AFRINIC HR and Administration since 2015
Damola and wide community,
a lot of mess in the organization, time for the community and members too be concerned. document attached will show the community the cabal who seat on the afrinic board and are failing and interfering in the organization. sex harassment, threats and embarrassments of staff and witchhunt by members of board. some board member make advanced to women staff. sunday folayani, hyttam, and patrice and entire cabal must resign. ceo overtaken by cabal and cant make own decisions as cabal from board run organisation. even some board members from nigeria are now contracted to do work afrinic projects conflict of interest.
investigation must be open. read attached document. afrinic chairman and member of his cabal must resign immediately. they are a shame and will harass and frustrate female employees.
PS: dont bother to find who is kaweshe.
On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 8:35 PM, damola olajide <d.olajide72 at gmail.com<mailto:d.olajide72 at gmail.com>> wrote:
I have read the report on https://www.afrinic.net/images/stories/Library/corp/annual-report-2016.pdf<https://www.afrinic.net/images/stories/Library/corp/annual-report-2016.pdf>.
There is neither the mentioning of turnover nor the reasons for departures of staffs in the report.
For example AFRINIC is current recruiting a PR and Marketing Manager as advertised on https://www.afrinic.net/en/about/career<https://www.afrinic.net/en/about/career>.
If Mr Yavisht Toolseeya gave plausible and complete explanations in his report, today this job opening would be justifiable.
Network & Security Engineer
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:40 PM, damola olajide <d.olajide72 at gmail.com<mailto:d.olajide72 at gmail.com>> wrote:
According to https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-23/images/AF-23-Slides/3-Dec-15/Yavitsh.pdf<https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-23/images/AF-23-Slides/3-Dec-15/Yavitsh.pdf>, there have been a fall in the turnover from 2010 to 2015 with a spike in 2014.
The reason for departures are for better opportunities according to page 11 of the PDF.
I searched for the recent Afrinic meeting reports on the Afrinic website since days and noticed that there is no report as such as from 2016 till today.
From the Afrinic website, we can see that the HR and Administration department has grown, but it is hard to make an assessment of its efficiency as there are no reports available recently.
Shall the HR department (Mr Yavisht Toolseeya) submit a report for 2018 on the next Afrinic meeting, the Afrinic community will be able to make a diligent assessment of the situation !
Network & Security Engineer
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Community-Discuss