[Community-Discuss] Raising concerns

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Thu Jun 28 10:03:51 UTC 2018

Dear community members

I may have missed some posts so I apologize in advance if I repeat myself. Here are my thoughts:-

As a community we MUST condemn anyone and publicly name and shame them if they commit beyond any reasonable doubt such acts as below:-

1. Racism/Tribalism
2. Sexual harassment
3. Corruption

All too often we skirt around such issues, excusing ourselves and giving people the benefit of doubt on these defining matters of our times. To give you context see link below to a story of how Netflix’s CEO fired the Chief Communications Officer for using the N-Word.

https://work.qz.com/1313072/read-netflix-ceo-reed-hastings-memo-about-the-firing-of-pr-chief-jonathan-friedland-for-using-the-n-word/

Ali Hussein
Principal
AHK & Associates
+254 0713 601113

Twitter: @AliHKassim
Skype: abu-jomo

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."  ~ Aristotle

Sent from my iPad